Kershaw County and Lee County Regional Water Authority

d.b.a. Cassatt Water

2638 Old Stagecoach Rd.
Cassatt, S.C. 29032
803.432.8341 (FAX)

Map and Driving Directions

2013 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report

Download the 2013 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report

Mission Statement:
Kershaw County and Lee County Regional Water Authority is committed to providing professional customer service in the delivery of reliable high quality water at a reasonable cost, while maintaining public health and sustainability.

Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.

Rates, Fees and Other Information

- Security Deposits
- Residential & Commercial Rates and Fees Effective April 1, 2014
- Leak Adjustment Credit Request

Application For Service

Download the Cassatt Water Application For Service

Holiday Schedule

Our business office will be closed for the following holidays each year. Weekend holidays may cause some changes in office closure schedule.

New Year's Day - January 1
Martin Luther King Day - 3rd Monday in January
Good Friday - Friday before Easter
Memorial Day - Last Monday in May
Independence Day Observance - July 4th
Labor Day - First Monday in September
Thanksgiving Holidays - Thanksgiving Day - Thursday and Friday
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24th and 25th

Regular Board meetings held monthly.

Board of Commissioners

Mr. Roosevelt Halley, Chairman
Mr. Julius Gause, Vice Chairman
Mrs. Bettie Toney
Mr. Tony Mike Davis
Mrs. Ollie W. Thompson
Mr. Derrick Brown
Mr. Kenneth Carter
Mr. Furman Fountain

Staff Contacts

Mr. Charles Litchfield, Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Stephen Hunter, Chief Operations Officer
Mr. John Watkins, Project Manager
Ms. Carla Knight, Billing and Assistant Bookkeeper
Ms. Angie McCaskill, Bookkeeper, Secretary/Treasurer
Ms. Donna Tuttle, Chief Financial Officer
Ms. Carolyn Hall, Purchasing and Customer Service Representative
Ms. Patricia McElveen, Customer Service Representative
Ms. Sherry Haller, Customer Service Representative

Section I: Customer Services

Billing and Payment Information

Bank Draft Program - A FREE Service

Bill paying made easier. Pay your bill the easy way-let us handle it for you! You can pay by automatic draft from your bank account with our FREE BANK DRAFT PROGRAM. Think about it.

How does it work?

  1. Fill out a bank draft authorization form and sign it (click here to download form).
  2. Attach a copy of a voided check.
  3. Bring it back to our office or drop it in the mail and let a Customer Service Representative do the rest. It's that easy!

That's all there is to it. We'll arrange for payment to be transferred from your account on time and on the due date each month.

You will continue to receive your regular bill each month. This will be your reminder to deduct the amount from your bank account. If you have any questions about your bill you'll have time to call before the payment due date.

Credit Card and Debit Card Payments Online

Payments may be made in an amount equal to or greater than the amount due on bill. Partial payments of the amount due are not accepted.
Click here for online payment. A courtesy fee will apply.

Credit Card and Debit Card Payments By Telephone

Payments must be made in the amount due on bill. Partial payments of the amount due are not accepted. Customers with a credit balance may make payments to increase the amount of the credit balance. Dial 1 855-747-9547. A courtesy fee will apply.

Credit Cards and Debit Cards are Accepted in the Office and at the Drive-thru.


Bring your payment to the convenient drive-thru window at the Cassatt Water office during regular business hours.

Night Depository

Cassatt Water has a convenient night deposit box for our customer's convenience. It is located at the front of the office. Please include your bill stub or write your account number on your check or money order (NO CASH, PLEASE).

Pay Stations

Cassatt Water has seven satellite locations to serve our customers. Please pay by the 15th of each month and have your complete bill with you when paying at either of these locations: You must have your current bill.

Piggly Wiggly
50 East DeKalb St Camden

Camden IGA
1816 Jefferson Davis Hwy Camden

Doc's Country Store
1109 Bishopville Hwy Camden

Kershaw IGA
513 South Hampton St Kershaw

Vinny's Express
1674 Wisacky Hwy Bishopville

Fountain's Corner Store
3438 Bethune Hwy Bishopville

Barfield's Htg & AC
219 Gregg St Bishopville

Important Information

After Hours Contact

For assistance with water service problems during non-business hours, please call our office at (803) 432-8235 or toll free at 1-800-521-2441. On call personnel will call you back immediately and provide emergency assistance 24 hours a day.

Establishing New Service

To have a water meter installed, please bring the following information with you into the office: Picture I.D., social security number, mailing and physical address, phone number and applicable fees. Tap and Impact fees and our Customer Service Deposits are available in our Rates, Fees and Other Information section. Upon completion of your application, be advised that the meter installation may take up to 14 business days.

Billing/Payment Information

Customers are billed on the last day of each month. Payments are due on the 15th of each month. A 10% late fee will apply to all bills paid after the 15th.

Account Transfers

The following items will be required in order to transfer to an existing account:
Deposits – based on credit
Property Deed or Settlement Statement (signed by both parties at closing) or Rental Contact
Physical Address
Mailing Address
Photo ID
Social Security Card
Transfer fee of $14.50

Property owners’ deposits are refundable after 5 years of continuous service.

Reconnect Fees After Disconnect for Non-Payment

Please be prepared to pay any reconnect fees with cash, money order or cashier's check. Sorry, no checks please. No after hours reconnects!

Reconnect fees are:

    Current CNP - Last 12 months
Reconnect Next Business Day Before 4:00p.m. $60 $105
After Hours Rider** After 4:00p.m. $40 $40

** Customer has the option to pay an additional $40 on Fridays or the day before a holiday to ensure water service for the weekend or holiday closings.

Disconnect Service

Disconnecting your service is simple. We must have your instructions in writing. You may come into our office and fill out a quick and easy disconnect form or you may send your instructions by mail, drop box or fax to (803) 432-8341. Please provide the following: address of meter location, your account number, the date that you wish service to be disconnected, a forwarding address and your signature. Cassatt Water will complete the disconnection promptly. When you disconnect service we will subtract your final bill from the deposit and mail the remainder to you.

About Your Water Meter

The following is a description of commonly used terms.

Pressure Regulator
Regulates water pressure on customer side of meter.

Water Main

Transports water from water plants, tanks, etc.

Supply Line

Service line that transports the water from the main to the meter.

Curb Stop Turnoff

The shut-off valve that can be locked in place if water service is not in use.


Records the amount of water used.

Backflow Device

Prevents backflow, or back-siphonage of contaminated water into the distribution system.

Customers Valve Handle

Allows water service to be cut off in case of a leak or repair to residential plumbing.

Service Line

The line from the metering point, or property line to your structure. (owned and maintained by the customer)

You can Monitor Your Meter (Checking for Water Leaks)

Section II: Water quality facts

About Your Water

Cassatt Water meets all established limits for drinking water quality.  Information about the contaminants present in your tap water, and levels of these contaminants, is published in an Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. Click here to view or download the 2013 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. In addition you may request that a copy of the report be mailed to you by calling (803) 432-8235 extension 11.

What is the quality of Cassatt Water's tap water

Drinking water from Cassatt Water meets or exceeds the standards of the federally mandated Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). Congress passed the legislation in 1974, and amended the SDWA in 1986 and again in 1996 to expand the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) role in protecting public health from contaminated drinking water.

About drinking water disinfection.

Why do we need to add a disinfectant to drinking water?

The SDWA requires public water systems to disinfect their water to eliminate and control specific disease-causing organisms and indicators that may be present in drinking water. Depending on your specific residence, the Cassatt Water uses chloramines or sodium hypochlorite disinfection. Chloramines are formed by mixing chlorine and ammonia.

Are chloramines safe?

Yes. Chloramines have been used safely in the United States and Canada for many years. The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC) accepts chloramines as an approved disinfectant.

Special considerations for Chloramines

Kidney Dialysis

In the dialysis process, water comes in contact with the blood across a permeable membrane and must be pretreated to remove chlorine and ammonia. Medical centers that perform dialysis are responsible for purifying the water that enters the dialysis machines. Persons with home dialysis machines should check with their physician or equipment supplier.


Chlorine and ammonia are toxic to fresh water and salt water fish since water enters through the gill structure and goes directly in the blood stream. Both chlorine and chloramines must be removed from aquarium water. However, chlorine dissipates quickly so it is easier to remove. Chloramines stay in the water for up to several weeks, so a dechloraminating agent must be added to remove it.

Here's a checklist that will assure your aquatic pets stay healthy.

  1. Add the proper amount of dechloraminating agent to the water in your aquarium. Your pet supply store and the label on the product should tell you how much you need to do the job.
  2. Allow sufficient time (several hours minimum) for the ammonia removal before you add the water to your aquarium.
  3. Once the fresh water has been dechloraminated, it is then safe to transfer the water to the tank.

Are salt water fish affected by chloramines, too?

Yes. If the salt water aquarium contains chloraminated water, it must be removed.

Can persons with kidney ailments, diabetes, or on low sodium diets drink chloraminated water?

Yes. People with medical problems can use chloraminated water for all purposes.

What about people who are sensitive to chemicals?

The amount of chloramines is extremely small-no more than 2.5 parts per million as it leaves our treatment plants. The ratio will be five parts chlorine to one part ammonia to form monochloramine. If you are concerned that this small amount of ammonia could cause problems for you, it would be best to check with your physician.

Do home water softeners remove chloramines?

Only if the softeners have a Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) filter.

What effect does chloramines have on RUBBER?

Rubber linings of water lines may disintegrate over a period of time.

Will chloramines harm plants?

No. It is safe to water plants of any type, including ornamentals, vegetables, fruit and nut trees.

Facts About Lead

Cassatt Water has been in compliance since the beginning of the EPA's lead and copper testing program.

If your home is more than five years old, chances are that any lead on the inside of the pipe has acquired a natural coating that would prevent serious leaching. However, here are some things you can do to keep your home lead-free:

Compiled from the American Water Works Association's publication number 68003, "Living Lead-Free".

Section III: Public Information

Disaster Preparedness

During and after a hurricane or other natural disaster the water supply to your home can become contaminated and unfit to drink. To ensure your household has a safe and adequate water supply after natural disasters take these precautions:

Application Trouble Shooting

You must have Microsoft Word version 97 or higher to open the application file. If you do not have Microsoft Word version 97 or higher you may download and install Microsoft's Word 2003 document viewer at no cost. Click Here To Download Now. Please refer to Microsoft Corporation. for additional Information or support.

Technology by   Heritage Digital - We manage IT